SIG SAUER P320 Pistol a quick review
The Sig P320 series of pistols are very adaptable and overall known as very good performing handguns.
There are four sizes of the Sig P320: the Full-Size, Carry, Compact, and SubCompact Pistol, all in 9mm Luger. The other calibers available are in .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and .45 ACP. I actually do not care one bit about the guns modularity. If I wanted a full size I would get a full size then later if I decided I wanted a compact I would get a compact. I prefer to have more than one gun. The gun is like all sig pistols a quality piece with great reliability.
SIG SAUER P320 Pistol : Adaptability, Flexibility, & Modularity
With the P320, one single pistol can become a full-size, compact, or sub-compact handgun and each with three different grip sizes. So you can have the feel of having three pistols but deep down inside your know that you only have one.
With all P320 models, shooters can swap out the pistol’s barrel, frame, trigger and slide assembly to customize the gun. Sig Sauer recognized the significance of a striker-fired pistol, introduced these hammer-less guns, and they are popular primarily because of the nature of the trigger operation and modularity features. The P320 can be changed into whatever frame size, barrel, and caliber the shooter wants. Among the components needed for the P320 to complete a caliber change is a cartridge-specific magazine and the conversion kit.
Sig Sauer P320 Sub-Compact 9mm Specifications*:
- Action: Double Action Striker-Fired Semi-Auto
- Caliber: 9x19mm (Also available .40 S&W, .357 SIG, .45 ACP)
- Capacity: 12+1 rds (Also available 10 rds, 10 rds, 6 rds); Magazine Catch repositions to either side
- Grip Width: 1.06” (3 Glass-Reinforced Grip Modules in small, medium & large sizes))
- Weight: 24.9 oz. with Empty Mag
- Length: 6.67”
- Height: 4.67”
- Barrel: 3.55”
- Slide: Nitron High-Strength Stainless Steel; Front & Rear Cocking Serrations; Slide-Catch Lever functions from both sides
- Frame: One-Piece Stainless Steel Frame; Black Polymer Grip Module- Available in various sizes (Also available Flat Dark Earth & Two-Tone Flat Dark Earth Colors)
- Sights: High Contrast or SIGLITE Night Sights in Different Heights
- Other: 2 Trigger Lengths- Standard & Short; Removable & Interchangeable Fire Control & Grip Modules; No tools or trigger manipulation required for Take-Down; Uses Compact 15 & Full-Size 17 mags
- MSRP: $628 (Black-Standard)
SIG SAUER P320 SubCompact Pistol Selected Features:
The P320 Sub-Compact is built with a stainless steel frame and slide and is covered in a Nitron finish for rust resistance.
One interesting feature is that the trigger options include a smooth-faced or a tabbed-trigger safety, with the latter similar to Glock pistols. For all P320s pistols, I like that the mags and holsters are interchangeable and with Sig P250 models. The X grip adapter allows you to use the compact mags for 15 capacity or the 17 capacity ones. The X grip adapter is a little piece of rubber that fills the gap when you’re using larger-capacity mags. With the Sig internal safety system, the P320 has no external safety or decocking lever to snag or hang up on the draw. The SIGLITE night sights are very nice and the reversible magazine release makes the P320 completely ambidextrous.
SIG SAUER P320 SubCompact Pistol Trigger and Reset:
Trigger press on all P320 pistols in the line are generally weighted at 5.5 to 6.5 pounds, giving shooters a consistent trigger sqeeze. The sub-compact trigger is very smooth and consistent right out of the box. Overall, the stock trigger is very good
The P320 sub compact features a unique internal safety system, standard on all SIG P320 models with these features:
- Striker Safety- Prevents the striker from releasing until the trigger is pressed
- Disconnect Safety- Prevents the gun from firing when out of battery
- 3-point Take-Down Disassembly Safety System- Only allows disassembly if slide is locked back, mag removed, and take-down lever is simply rotated, without pressing the trigger or using tools
- Takedown is prohibited without removal of magazine
- Takedown is prohibited without slide locked to the rear
- Rotation of takedown lever allows disassembly without tools and without pressing the trigger.
SIG SAUER P320 SubCompact Pistol Some Advantages:
- Grip Modules (in 3 sizes)
- Fire Control (trigger) Modules- Interchangeable
- Night Sights; Standard Steel Sights
- Rounded, No-Snag Trigger Guard & Edges- for concealability & comfort
- Very Thin Width and Contoured Frame
- Easy and Quick Disassembly
- Nice Capacity of 12 +1 for 9mm
- Front & Rear Slide Serrations- for easier Slide Racking
- All Steel Guide Rod, Magazines, & Slide Rails
Some people like my self do not have enough money to drop on multiple pistols every few months. For working people even getting to the range can be hard. I have had plenty of guns for years and never even shot them. So if you want something to handle and just have fun with. Then look at air soft and pellet pistols. They might not be the real thing but they wont break your bank.
SIG Sauer CO2 Airsoft Pistol, Black